Friday, February 1, 2013

Covergirl Wetslicks Raspberry Splash Review



Sometimes I like the idea of having my lips look similar to their natural colour but a tad pinker/lighter, so a while back I bought myself a tube of Covergirl’s Wetslicks lipgloss in raspberry splash


Based on all the pretty good reviews on the product online, you’d think that it’d work really well, but it was not the case for me.



I’m not too sure if it’s due to the temperature and the fact that we are in the middle of an Australian heat-wave…essentially, one day I opened my tube to apply on my lips about one month after buying it, only to discover that the ‘colour’ had separated from the ‘gloss’ – meaning that all that I could squeeze out was some runny clear stuff. That being said, the gloss isn’t too bad so long as I remember to shake the tube every so often and it doesn’t feel too sticky on the lips, unlike most glosses. For me, the major downside is the fact that the purported ‘nice smell’ reminds me too much of that hard icing that you get on cheap kids birthday cakes. The colour (when it works) does work well with my skin-tone which is pretty good as it’s really hard for me to find colours that work for me (being a somewhat pale Chinese girl).

So unfortunately for me, this tube will have to be added to my collection of things I never use but can’t bring myself to throw away.

 

No comments: