Thursday, April 25, 2013

Cross Stitch Classical French Hair Barrettes


One of the issues of having perma-straight hair is that you can’t do much with it in terms of styling without using enough hair products to mohawk a horse. Because of this, I’ve developed a taste for wearing French hair barrettes. My fascination with the variety of these that I can wear for any occasion also led me to being rather enthusiastic in making my own.

Due to my love of classical history, I couldn’t resist creating these from my cross stitch kit, pieces of felt, and my trusty hot glue gun. I thought it would be pretty nice to try a Greek-key design, but in black instead of the traditional blue….



Ever since I was little, I’ve always been fascinated by the design of the evil eye, when I saw my neighbor wearing one on a pin that she had gotten on a family holiday to turkey. This led into my experimentation with all the ways that you could use this design as a decorative symbol…



No comments: