Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Maria Elena / Penelope Cruz Style

When it comes to movies, I have a soft spot for anything that is beautifully shot with highly picturesque scenes. So it’s a bit of a no brainer that I have something of a visual and sartorial crush on Woody Allen’s Vicky Cristina Barcelona.

More specifically, with each re-viewing, I fall more and more in love with Maria Elena – especially in the sartorial sense.


One thing I find really great is that clothes-wise, she is a girl after my own heart as I love to wear clothes in similar styles and designs to hers - especially the dresses in the summer. Many of my dresses are actually in a similar design to the one in the pic where she is fighting with Juan Antonio...

Too bad re my yellow-based skin tone as I would love a pair of those orange loose pants to lounge about the house in - although it does mean that I tend to wear more black lace than white.
I do regret the fact that my feet get cold easily or I would totally love to own a pair of her nude sandals.

No comments: