Thursday, January 10, 2013

Red Lipstick Icons


Having been on something of a self-improvement kick lately, I discovered that in terms of ‘visual appeal’, I’ve had a fascination with red lipstick and hoop earrings. In fact I’ve been on the hunt for the perfect red lipstick ever since my parents gave me permission to wear make-up...

Of course, there was a time where I preferred not to wear make-up at all, due to several traumatic experiences with stage make-up that I was forced to wear in dance shows from the age of 6. Hence, I will never wear anything on my face that makes me feel like I have a layer of paint sitting on it.

This led me into thinking about ladies who inspire me, both in character and style…what they have in common is that they also have a fondness for wearing red lipstick.

The two whom stick out for me the most at the moment are Anais Nin and Frida Kahlo (coincidentally who both also happen to be strong, creative, sensual women). 


No comments: