Sunday, July 21, 2013

Penelope Cruz / Maria Elena Ruby Ring

If you pay very close attention, in the scene where Maria Elena and Cristina are taking photos at the fountain in Vicky Cristina Barcelona, there is a red ring on Maria Elena’s right index finger which got a few seconds of screen-time.

After doing some searching, it turns out that there are a few decent pics around which show Penelope Cruz wearing the ring.

I thought initially that it was given to her by some jewellery store to wear in their ads…


But it turns out that she wears it a lot off duty too…


So a little more searching revealed that she always carries the ring with her as a sort of good luck charm as it was given to her by her grandmother.


N.B. On a personal note, I have a square ruby coloured silver ring of my own that I got as an impulse buy last Christmas, before I found out about Penelope’s…

It was also pretty neat when I remembered that Juniper, one of my favourite storybook characters from primary school, in the book Wise Child also loved rubies and was known for wearing a ruby ring…






No comments: