Monday, July 22, 2013

Symbolic/Sentimental Things I’ve Given Away

Every so often, it seems that I get this odd urge to get rid of stuff that have some symbolic/sentimental meaning to me...

For a while I had been obsessed with the idea of wearing pretty sparkly flowers in my hair, so I’d convinced my parents to get me this hairclip at a hotel gift shop during our last visit to China. I soon unfortunately learned the hard way that there was no way it could stay in my naturally perma-straight hair….


I fell in love with these earrings as soon as I saw them at Myer, prompting me to ask my mum to get them for me for my 23rd birthday. I wore them at my birthday party to go with the blue dress I’d also gotten as a gift from my parents. Pretty much never wore them after that as I’d reckoned without the fact that my ears get super sensitive to non pure-metal (gold and silver only) and uber-heavy earrings…


Gorgeous starry huggies that were a gift from my best friend – unfortunately, there was no way for her to tell what kind of metal they were made from….

I am a sucker for all things rose and all things Guess – so I jumped at the chance to buy these during the Xmas sales…again, they fell victim to the unreasonableness life presented with the blue earrings…

I used to be way obsessed with Angelina Jolie, sword, and crosses, so I jumped at the chance to buy this pendant when I saw it was on sale in a catalogue…


Was also really chuffed when I later found out that she wore a necklace just like it…

I pretty much wore it to death, and then realized it had been sitting around like a lonely lemon for 5 years, when I figured that it should go to someone who might actually give it the love it deserves…

No comments: