Sunday, September 15, 2013

Maybelline Baby Lips: Berry Crush – Comparison to Revlon Lip Butters


Before I made the mistake of using my precious lip butters on my cold sore outbreak, I had the brainwave of keeping a tinted lip balm aside for times when I was sick.

Enter Maybelline Baby Lips in Berry Crush. Which is pretty much Maybelline jumping on the tinted lip balm bandwagon, in my opinion.

As far as I can tell, the formulation in terms of colour depth is pretty similar to the lip butters – the difference in that the Maybelline Baby Lips one made me feel like I had something close to paw paw ointment/vaseline on my lips. The disappointment factor in that all 3 items tended to be not that moisturising – but at least a tad more moisturising than lipstick…

Colour wise, Berry Crush appeared to be a shade that was somewhere in the middle between Berry Smoothie and Cherry Tart – but on the wrong side of ‘red’ for me.

The benefit in pay-off in this case is that you can get Maybelline Baby Lips: Berry Crush at my local supermarket for $3.99 AUD, whereas the lip butters tend to go for $21.95 AUD.

No comments: