Friday, September 13, 2013

Revlon Lip Butters: Cherry Tart and Berry Smoothie (swatches)


Ok. So admittedly I may have come onto the Revlon Lip butter bandwagon a little late, but I absolutely LOVED my ‘butters’ in Cherry Tart and Berry Smoothie.

In the lipstick vs lipgloss debate, I would say that I prefer lipstick in how they are packaged and lipgloss in that they are slightly moisturizing. So to me, they are the best of both worlds - In that they are nicely pigmented lip balms that have the really classy packaging that you get with lipsticks.

Cherry Tart being a universally flattering red shade that applies quite sheer and so is ideal for me in that I like to wear makeup that makes me still look like ‘me’. Berry Smoothie gave me the perfect ‘me but better’ shade  - which with me making the huge mistake of applying it directly on my lips during a cold sore outbreak means that I have no choice but to throw it out…it’s also possible that I have made the same mistake with my Cherry Tart one as well…

That being said, I just found out at my local pharmacy today that the entire range is being discontinued, which is why I found all of them on sale. This leads to the question of what Revlon is coming out with that is a replacement for these lip butters, as I see no reason why you should discontinue a perfectly good thing…That being said, the one thing I do find fault with these lipsticks is the casing, ie that the lid 'sticks' to the base when you try to pull it off...

 

No comments: