Sunday, September 15, 2013

Symbolic/Sentimental Things I’ve Given Away 2


15/09/2013

Today I got caught up in one of my usual feelings that getting rid of stuff has a cathartic effect on me – also influenced by the fact that I was in one of those moods that something I barely used was in a better position of being loved more than I did.

So it was off to another trip down to Vinnies to drop off some things. Namely:

The gold studs that I had first gotten my ears pierced with.

The first silver bracelet that I bought myself as a replacement for my first bangle.

The blue swallow brooch that I’d bought in a tourist trap gift shop – was really funny that the shop was advertising that it’s products were made by local artists…in this case where ‘local’ could apply to ‘the world’ and can be bought online http://www.annekoplik.com/product/PN-BLU/PN5254.html

No comments: