Wednesday, October 23, 2013

used up cotton pads and l’oreal waterproof eye make-up remover


So far, the only product I’ve finished is a 100 pack of round cotton pads. That said, they’re an essential part of my daily beauty routine in that I always use them to remove nail varnish and especially my eye make-up.

When it comes to eye make-up removers, my all-time favourite and go to product is the l’oreal gentle make-up remover which works great for removing waterproof eye make-up as well as not irritating my sensitive eyes.

What I do is put a few drops on the cotton pad and then press it against my eye for 15 seconds. I got this method from the youtube guru, Elle Fowler - which works in that it gives the product time to soak into the make-up as well as reduces the need to rub the cotton pad against your eyes.

The really great thing about this product is its effectiveness to price.

When I was in high school, my dad gave my mum a Lancome eye make-up set which was a tube of mascara and bottle of the bi-facil eye make-up remover. As I was the one who actually uses make-up on a regular basis, I convinced my mum to give me the bottle of bi-facil which I loved using.

Once the bi-facil was used up, I did some googling and discovered that l’oreal is the parent company of lancome – which means that products under both brands have similar formulas. Due to this little factoid, I realised that the l’oreal eye make-up remover was likely to be similar to the awesome bi-facil.

My haunch turned out to be correct – I’m now onto my 4th bottle!

No comments: